Beginning in August the Hope Mills Police Department will kick off their Walk With a Cop initiative in which groups of Hope Mills Police Officers will be staggered along the Hope Mills Municipal Park Walking Trail. Each day, Officers will politely inquire if citizens would mind company while they walk. During the walks, Officers will engage citizens to determine whether there is anything they need from the Police Department or would like to see in the future. It will also be an excellent opportunity for community members to meet our Officers and vice versa, putting names to faces.
The goal is to promote Hope Mills Police Department's Community Policing Program and help build trusting relationships with our community members.
- Monday, August 7, 2023 - 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023 - 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 11, 2023 - 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.