The mission of the Town of Hope Mills Stormwater Department is to improve water quality and manage water quantity for the community and its residents.
The Town of Hope Mills is working to protect our local streams from being damaged by stormwater pollution. When it rains, pollutants such as fertilizer, oil, grease and pet waste are picked up from the ground and carried through the storm drainage system. The stormwater system is not connected to a treatment system, so everything that flows through the system goes directly to the nearest water body.
In 2005, the Town received a Phase II Stormwater permit that requires the implementation of a stormwater management program that includes the following measures:
• Teach citizens and business owners about how they can prevent and reduce stormwater pollution.
• Involve citizens in the local stormwater program.
• Look for and remove unlawful discharges to the stormwater system.
• Regulate new development activities to ensure stormwater is treated before it enters local waterways.
• Reduce and eliminate pollution resulting from everyday activities.
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/HopeMillsStormwater
Check out our Newsletter to keep up with the lastest news from Hope Mills Stormwater.