Outdoor Soccer registration has been extended until full for 6U, 8U, 10U & 12U. Register here.
Due to low registrations, football, fall baseball, cheerleading, indoor volleyball & 13/14 outdoor soccer have been canceled for fall 2020.
COVID-19 & Fall Outdoor Soccer:
Here are the measures that will be taken to encourage social distancing & sanitation protocols for the playing areas throughout the season. CDC guidelines for youth sports, along with some additional measures per the HMPR Athletic Department, will be followed.
- We will only play against Hope Mills teams because playing against teams from other geographic locations increase the risk of COVID-19 exposer. We will not travel outside of Hope Mills & will not have teams from other locations at our fields.
- All parent & spectators will be required to remain outside of the playing fields. Playing fields will be limited to players, coaches, fields supervisors & officials.
- There will be hand washing stations located at the entrance & exits of playing fields; all players & coaches will be required to wash their hands before & after games.
- We will supply extra benches so players can spread out while they are not playing.
- We will supply hand sanitizer on each playing field, as well as sanitizer wipes for equipment.
- All coaches & field supervisors will be required to wear a mask. It will not be mandatory for youth players to wear a mask, however, this is up to the discretion of the parent/guardian.
- There will be no unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- All coaches will be given these guidelines that they must follow during practices & games.
Hope Mills Parks & Recreation is looking forward to this upcoming season. We take pride that we will be one of the only Parks & Recreation Departments in the area to take these measures to provide as safe a season as possible.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Interested in coaching but do not know how to get started? It is easy and quick! Just follow these steps:
- Pick up coaches application and background check form at the Hope Mills Recreation Center or print here, Coaches Application and Background Check Form.
- Fill out and return as soon as possible.
- All sports registration will end at 4:00 p.m. on the last day.
- Beginning Monday after registration you may call the recreation center to have your child placed on the waiting list.
- Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that your child will be moved off the waiting list.
- The waiting list will be called, if additional players are needed to fill out rosters.
Youth sports registration requires a birth certificate and a proof of address, like a utility bill. The sports registration fee is $30 for Hope Mills residents and $40 for non-residents. Fees are non-refundable.
Register Monday - Friday, 8:30am-7;30pm and Saturday, 9:30am-4:00pm.