How You Can Help
Here are a few simple tips and tricks to reducing stormwater runoff which results in reduced water quality, damage to wildlife, and flooding.
- Pick up trash and debris.
- Sweep lots and pick up debris instead of washing into the storm drains.
- Always wash vehicles in an area that drains to the sanitary sewer or other treatment system. Runoff from commercial vehicle car washing is not allowed to drain into the storm drain system.
- Use drip pans when changing oil and recycle used oil.
- Keep vehicles tuned up to reduce leaks.
- Properly dispose of used oil, antifreeze, batteries, and other chemicals.
- Keep trash dumpster lids closed.
- Pick up dropped trash and sweep dumpster areas frequently.
- Do not dispose of any waste down the storm drains.
- If your dumpster leaks, get it repaired or get a new one.
- Use proper amounts of fertilizer and pesticides
- Properly dispose of yard waste.